Entering Lygon's L'atelier by Monsieur Truffe


When looking for a wedding dress in Melbourne, it seems Brunswick is the place to go (not for myself obviously). Since my best friend Carly had an appointment in this part of Melbourne, we headed in early so we could find ourselves a nice little barely spot to kick off the day. The recommendation from our friend Betty who lives nearby was L'atelier by Monsieur Truffe.

It's situated on Lygon Street, hidden to the world behind a black wall and bright red door. The outer appearance is slightly hindering but inside is a completely different scene. It's wooden textures, natural lighting and an overall promotion of their organic and naturally sourced food philosophy. 


The menu is impressive, the selection vast and the staff friendly enough though a little inattentive at times. We take our time, basking in the warm break from the nippy air outside. There are definitely some amazing sounding dishes here. I order a freshly squeezed juice to enjoy while reading - and it is phenomenal. Sweet, pulpy and wonderful.

Betty chooses the dish I'd had lined up as my backup - sautéed mushrooms with mountain ash goats cheese and spinach on rye bread. It's huge! I have a bit of food envy, it looks incredible and there's a really generous serving of all the ingredients that make it up.

Carly gets the granola with poached pears, dark chocolate nibs and roasted nut mix with goji berries. She declares it delicious and the presentation is adorable (I wish I'd managed to snap off a photo of everyone's meals except my own). Liz's break kid is the kids serving of pancakes complete with banana and vanilla honey yoghurt. It's a small little size but perfect for the first meal of the day.

I choose my breakfast meal from the kids menu too, completely fixated on the boiled eggs with fried brioche soldiers ($9). It comes with a really funky scissor-like contraption which cuts off the top of my eggshell without impacting the egg itself.

The eggs are runny in the perfect way, the yolk the most vibrant orange imaginable. The brioche soldiers are really what makes this - crunchy, buttery and utterly addictive. It is just such a nice twist on a classic breakfast dish. Delish!

I have to say this place truly surprised me. The food was amazing and presented really prettily. Great way to start the day!


L'atelier by Monsieur Truffe on Urbanspoon



2 comments:

  1. Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and in depth information you offer. It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same unwanted rehashed material. Fantastic read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's really genuinely lovely feedback to hear :)

      Delete