Trying out the neighbourhood local Cup & Co


In October last year Jeremy and I moved to our new house in Innaloo, which has been a really amazing experience. It's so different to Duncraig where we were living - much more built up and with so much to do and see. And most importantly, there are so many cafes for us to explore and try. 

However as life tends to be, things have been a little crazy and we haven't made it to as many places as we wanted to! But we recently decided that enough was enough, opting to wake up extra early on a Friday to venture out to Cup & Co, a cafe which opened only a couple of months ago literally only down the road from us (yay walking distance!). I'd stopped by with my best friend Carly for a juice there once and an iced tea another time - and loved both beverages, so I was hoping the food would be of a similar quality. 


Cup & Co is a cute little cafe that has great service and smiling faces when you walk in. Owners Simone  (hailing from Italy) and Paul (previously of Vans, Aubergines and 47KirwanStreet) have created a welcoming space which is filled with the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and breakfast dishes being cooked only metres away.

Since I had work to get to Jeremy and I ordered quickly - it was probably the fastest we've ever chosen our dishes! The drinks came out first, and were a lovely final wake up for our system before we could start eating. Jeremy's mango smoothie was creamy and sweet, with the mango flavour present but not overpowering as it can be sometimes. I really liked this.

I selected the coconut, lime and green apple juice ($8.00) which is the juice I'd tried previously and adored. It's so fruity, light and yet refreshing - every sip is like a party in your mouth. I am a juice fiend and this was easily one of the best flavour combos I've tried before. Highly recommended!



We both had our eyes on the same dish - the cornbread with avocado, rocket, tomato and lime salsa with jalapeno sour cream ($16.50). In the interest of mixing things up, Jeremy ended up choosing this while I opted for something sweeter.

The cornbread was light and flavoursome, with just the slightest crumbly texture. The salsa was more chunky than I would have expected, and the sour cream was a thin sauce that worked really well with each bite. I thought this was a nice inventive dish that was different to others I've seen about town. To top it off I think it should have come with a poached egg as I think it would have really rounded it out and offered a protein.



Though I usually prefer savoury over sweet, the peaches, raspberries, waffles and salted pistachios ($16.50) sounded unlike any other waffle dishes I've tried before. Two crisp on the outside but fluffy on the inside Belgian waffles sat on the plate, with a generous heaping of tart raspberry coulis on top. I particularly liked the grilled peaches, which had a nice savoury sweet contrast. 

The dish as a whole, despite the salted pistachios was quite sweet though so when I mixed in the mascarpone to each bite, the flavour profile changed completely. It cut through the richness while offering a light creaminess. A cute little breakfast dish that would suit sweet tooth brunch-goers, though for me I think I really missed having a savoury meal full of eggs and bacon. 

But what a cute little neighbourhood cafe and so close to us! I'm looking forward to taking Hugo for walks up there (he's my new puppy!) and trying some other dishes out.



0 comments:

Post a Comment