Recipe: Baked gnocchi


Earlier this year I attended a cooking class at L'Enoteca with their head chef and fellow blogger, the Bald Chef. Learning how to make and cook gnocchi was something I really treasured since it's one of my favourite things ever to eat. And I've been happily going about practising those skills in the kitchen, while refining the recipe to suit my personal tastes.

Recently Maxwell & Williams reached out to me, offering me some fantastic bakeware to use in my recipe development. Seeing their beautiful pie dish, I decided to deviate from it's namesake and use it as the vessel for trying out my own baked gnocchi. It was just the thing to provide a lovely platform to showcase this dish which has soft, pillowy gnocchi and stretchy, melted mozzarella. My favourite thing about it using fresh cherry tomatoes, whereas the class taught us to use tinned. It creates such sweetness and freshness, bursting with flavour as you bite down.

I love this recipe - and best of all, you won't use up all the gnocchi you create. I froze about half (tossing it in extra semolina flour first), only to use again another night with the same sauce recipe only not baked in the oven, just tossed in the pan. I think I'm in love!



2 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I just love gnocchi like you do too: this is a definite must try for us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gnocchi is the best! I just went to another gnocchi cooking class this time at Cantina - great to pick up different tips from each place

      Delete