Going from one office to The Other Office


When it comes to working in Osborne Park, your lunch options are pretty limited. Sure there's the sushi van and an Aroma Cafe, but outside of that it's usually better just to bring your lunch from home. Thankfully there's one little ray of sunshine within walking distance from my work called The Other Office. 

Bright, airy and actually quite beautiful it's a welcome breath of fresh air for this area. They offer a simple menu - salads, sandwiches, burgers and some different options like lemon chicken peri peri salad and coriander crab cakes. 


A couple of weeks ago my colleagues and I went for lunch there where they had a lamb schwarma special on. Slow cooked marinated lamb, a tabouleh with couscous woven through, and greek salad top a warm pita bread. The yoghurt sauce that is slathered on top is reminiscent of a tzatziki but minus the real tang that tends to come with such an accompaniment. It was quite enjoyable - though the lamb could have used some more seasoning. I like how tender the lamb was, melting in my mouth satisfyingly.


This week in my rush to beat the morning traffic I left my house without my pre-packed lunch. Deciding not to hold out for the Jaws van I decided to walk over to The Other Office and grab something tasty for my meal. Though the chips and the burger were sounding tempting, I decided to be well behaved and opted for a salad - half chicken, avocado and cashew, half potato, greens and bacon.

The potato salad is creamy but somehow light at the same time. I really like the flavour with all the herbs and the meaty bacon. The potatoes are small spud slices, most of which are cooked to just the right consistency. There are a couple of hard pieces though which I push to the side.

The chicken, avocado and cashew nut salad is fantastic. The cashews are crunchy and savoury, the chicken quite juicy and flavoursome. Any salad that includes beautifully fresh pieces of avocado gets my tick! I just wish there had been more of this salad - it was basically sold out when I arrived so my ration of salads was more like 3/4 potato, 1/4 chicken. Next time I'll be getting more of this option for sure!

The Other Office is a great respite, a nice little getaway from the office. I like the outside area which has some long tables suitable for group dining and allows you to soak in some sun while eating. I'm sure it will become my go to place on the days I don't bring my lunch to work.


The Other Office on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. I work around here so I feel your pain. Went by here on friday for a caribbean bbq they had - pretty good too! Definitely needed a place like this in os park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there on Friday too! Though just to grab a drink to have with my lunch :) the BBQ smelled amazing

      Delete